Why Isn’t Anyone Coming to My Website?
This is a common question I am asked by some new clients, who already have a website, though it isn’t quite performing for them.
There are many factors why your website may not be generating business or at least leading to enquiries.
A website is a big investment, especially if you have paid a professional designer and developer and for that reason, just like if you were paying for something like a new car, you need to look after it after you have been handed the keys.
Some of the best tips to get the best out of your website and get noticed are:
- Sign up to Google Business and register your business for FREE. Easy way to get your company on google maps and on local searches for your industry
- Create social media accounts for your business and start creating posts with links to your website
- Use your websites blogging section and start to post new content on your website. This could be something as simple as promoting an offer, a new product range, or simply new work you have won that you wish to let everyone know about.
- Use social media to promote your new blog/news stories to get people on to your website
- If your type of business is something you can promote visually, create something like case studies on your website to build reputation
- Geolocate your website pages so that you can be found in key search words
- Either hire and SEO specialist or enrol on a workshop to help give you an understanding of how to tailor your website content to your prospective customers.
These are only a few tips, though but is essential to be regularly active around your website and at least investing time and some marketing budget towards keeping you noticed.
If you need help with your website, please get in touch.